Thanks for your interest in contributing to batman.js! There are several ways you can help.
Join the conversation about batman.js! You can participate by:
- Opening a bug report or feature request as a Github issue
- Striking up a conversation in our IRC channel at
- Mentioning @batmanjs on Twitter
- Starting a thread on the google group
- Participating in conversations on the Github repo
There are several ways to contribute to the batman.js source code:
- Review outstanding pull requests
- Triage open issues
- Solve your problems by making a pull request
- Solve other people's problems by making a pull request
The best way to become a contributor is to start contributing! The batman.js repo (
batmanjs/batman) has instructions for working with the batman.js source.
To improve the guides, make a pull request to this website's source code,
To edit the guides:
Install jekyll and the JS dependencies:
gem install jekyll npm install
Start the jekyll server in watch mode:
jekyll serve --watch
Then, open the local version of the site at http://localhost:4000
Modify the guides (found in
In another console, run the guide generator:
chmod +x bin/generate_guides bin/generate_guides
Refresh the local guide page. You should see your changes!
After you've updated the API docs, you can preview the changes in your local copy of
$ cd ~/code/batmanjs.github.io $ # --dir is the path to batman.js documentation: $ bin/generate_docs --dir ~/code/batman/docs $ jekyll serve
Now, your local batman.js website will have updated API docs!